Thursday, January 29, 2009

Introducing Sanai Grace Porter



Our little girl was born at 5lbs 9 oz, 18 1/4 in long On Halloween, October 31, 2008 @ 10:54 AM
The story goes like this........
I started having contractions yesterday (10/30/08) and I made it through the night (All the while, your daddy slept peacefully :-) ). At three this morning I woke up and then woke daddy. I said...."She is coming today". After that, I took a bath to help (so I thought) and you really started getting ready to come. We grabbed the bag for the hospital, the pillow, the video camera, the tripod and got in the car. I decided I needed to go by work for a minute. I was okay, but then, the contractions started coming closer together. Everyone thought I was crazy. We left there and we had to get you a car seat. I wasn't going to have a shower until the next Saturday, needless to say, we were quite unprepared. I call the doctor's office, it is now 8:30AM, we were at Sonic and I knew from when I had your brother 12 1/2 years ago that I absolutely had to eat something because it would be a while before I would be able to eat again. We did LAMAZE classes and your daddy thought he knew what to do. Because he was the class clown and didn't pay that close attention to what I needed, he let me eat junk food.....BAD IDEA! We checked in, went to the room, now it is 9:20AM. I changed my clothes, then they confirmed that you were in fact coming today. I go to the bathroom and then you decided that the bacon and egg on texas toast was not what you wanted. I will spare you the details. They plugged me up to a monitor so that we could listen to your heartbeat and make sure that everything was okay. I was trying to have you naturally, but.....the doctor, Dr. Dykes came in and said that I has to have a cesarean. I had already dilated 4cm, almost 5cm, but because they were afraid, I had to be put to sleep and they rushed to prep me....I cried and cried because I wanted to see you being born, but your daddy saw you right away. You were born at 10:54 AM. Thirty-four minutes after they told me that I was going into surgery. When I woke up...there you were, this beautiful little being. Our daughter Sanai!

No comments:

Post a Comment